Total Pageviews

Thursday 6 September 2012

Wedding cake





What is so special about wedding cakes any way, do they use special ingredients to bake it, to me it’s just like every other cake. My mother tells me whenever we talk on the phone, she will sign off by saying that she and my dad wants to eat my wedding cake this year. There was a day she called and after doing the usual signing off, I ask her if it must be a wedding cake, can't I just buy a cake and send it to them, without the wedding attached to the cake, thank God I wasn’t saying it to her face only God knows what would have happened, and she warned me not to mention it to my dad or else we will be observing the one minute silence during my wedding. Can you imagine! So what I now do is anytime she says she and my dad wants to eat my wedding cake this year, I will reply mummy don’t worry you and daddy will surely eat my wedding cake this year, that makes her relax and everybody is happy. I complained to my sister and it made me feel better because she went through the same thing, but her signing off was different, while mine was wedding cake hers was one minute silence, and guest what it was from my dad (dad- when are you getting married, don’t you want me to be present at your wedding, or you want to observe the one minute silence during your wedding), now it’s my turn they both decided to switch gear. Maybe my dad taught he couldn’t handle my own case so he asked my mum to come on board, and trust my mum she wouldn’t rest until the bill is signed into law.

But I wonder why my brothers are not going through the same thing after all they are older than me, while is she not drumming wedding cake down their face, but what has age got to do with it anyway.

Nobody is concern about how you are fairing in your career, all they want is to eat wedding cake, I pray they get to eat it this year, so that we can all move on to the next chapter. I wonder what that chapter will be.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Uyi Ehigie.