Total Pageviews

Saturday 22 June 2013

Mother, 17, pulls her baby from underneath taxi after accident




The mother, who is just 17-years-old, pulled out her 8-month-old baby from under a New York City taxi cab after they were both struck by the vehicle on Tuesday.

Alondra Gervacio and her daughter Perla were on their way to school in the Bronx when the taxi driver apparently suffered a heart attack, lost consciousness and jumped the curb.

“I was putting my baby in the stroller and when I looked up, I saw the car coming. I was like ‘Oh, my God.’ I tried to push her to the side but I could not,” Gervacio said.

Surveillance images of the accident shows Gervacio immediately rushing over to the aid of her daughter, pulling her out from underneath the car. She told police that she felt no pain at the time, and could only think about her baby.

Both the mother and daughter miraculous only suffered minor injuries. The taxi driver was pronounced dead at a local hospital, according to a statement released by hospital officials in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Uyi Ehigie.