Total Pageviews

Tuesday 31 December 2013

32-year-old Nigerian woman caught with 5 wraps of Hard Drugs at MMIA


                                                  

A Nigerian lady, Ms Vivian Chizoba Anya, today excreted wraps of substance which tested positive for methamphetamine on-board a Qatar Airline Flight from Malaysia to Nigeria

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) revealed that Mrs Anya excreted a total of 5 wraps of methamphetamine which weighed up to 80 grammes. She had excreted 3 wraps previously during the flight, which were found on her and an additional 2 wraps while she was under their custody at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA). The suspicion arose when the 32 year old suspect was said to have visited the toilet frequently through out the flight period.
Preliminary investigation revealed that she left Ghana where she may have ingested the drugs to Malaysia. In Malaysia, she was denied entry and made to board another flight back to Nigeria.
On Interrogation, Vivian said;

“I was promised the sum of half a million naira but my problem started when I had immigration problem in Malaysia. I was denied entry and made to return to Nigeria after two days. While in the aircraft, I excreted three wraps and two other wraps in the NDLEA office,”
“I just completed my HND programme and I am from a very poor family. I wanted to use the money they promised me to assist my siblings by smuggling the drug to Malaysia,”
Vivian, who hails from Onitsha, has just completed her Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business Administration at the Federal Polytechnic Oko, Anambra State.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Uyi Ehigie.