Total Pageviews

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Giuliana Rancic opens up about breast cancer and her baby!


The E! presenter, who is now expecting a baby boy via surrogate, spoke out how she hit rock bottom before bouncing back to her happiest.

She explained: 'I was at the lowest - I'd just been diagnosed with breast cancer, I'd been trying to have a baby for four years and I think sometimes you have to get to your darkest point in life and then the brightest light just appears and that's when the good news come.'



And Giuliana,37, explained why she decided to share such an intimate moment with her fans: 'I didn't realise that I was going to have trouble having a baby and get breast cancer? I didn't realise I was going to have to face these things. And so when I did, I thought 'Why don't we share these stories because they can help people?'

'Just when you think it's never going to happen, it happens.'On October 17, 2011 Giuliana revealed she had been diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent a lumpectomy followed by radiation before undergoing a double mastectomy.

At the time of diagnosis the TV presenter had been in her third cycle of IVF treatment.

Giuliana and Bill didn't give up on their dream to have a child and decided to have egg retrieval and they found a surrogate.

The pair are due to welcome their baby boy later this summer.

The TV presenter is in London to cover the Olympic Games.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Uyi Ehigie.